Warranty Conditions for the United States
“Lightforce” means Lightforce Australia Pty Ltd ABN 54 069 439 774 Address: 11 Manton Street, Hindmarsh, SA, 5007. Telephone: +61 8 8440 0888. Email Address: email@example.com
“Lightforce Affiliates” means Lightforce, Lightforce’s related bodies corporate (within the meaning of the Corporations Act 2001), and their respective employees, officers, agents, and contractors.
“Warranty Period” means:
Lightforce products claimed for repair or replacement under the conditions of a defect in materials or workmanship within normal use and conditions, are valid for the time period of three (3) years from the date of purchase; except accessories, switches, made-to-order items, custom built items, brackets, fascia, harness, bulbs, batteries and mounts which is one (1) year from the original date of purchase specified on your sales receipt or invoice.
Only Lightforce products and parts which remain unaltered from their factory-supplied design are eligible for warranty. Modifications made to the product, any collision or impact damage of any kind, product tampered in any manner, including poor installation will void warranty.
REPLACEMENT OF A PRODUCT OR PARTS:
A replacement product or part is warranted for the balance of the period remaining on the original product contract. A warranty replacement/repair does not constitute a new warranty period of (3) years or (1) year whichever is the correct warranty period. Products and parts presented for repair or replacement may be replaced by products of the same type, or superseding designs.
Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
MAKING A CLAIM:
Under this warranty and unless Lightforce otherwise agrees in writing, you bear the cost of claiming under this warranty, Lightforce will however, bear the reasonable cost of transporting the product to Lightforce and returning the product to you.
Lightforce must assess warranty claims before a claim can be granted unless otherwise arranged for and by Lightforce.
To make a claim you will need;
- The receipt of purchase or similar proof AND
- The product being claimed for AND
- Have registered the claim with Lightforce by;
Calling 1800 03 03 08 and speaking with a warranty support officer OR
By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
A support officer will raise a case number and provide you with any necessary labelling and freight paperwork to process the claim.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Our products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the products repaired or replaced if the products fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
In addition, the benefits given by this warranty are in addition to your rights and remedies under a law in relation to the products.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:1. Where permitted, or not prohibited, under any law, including under the Australian Consumer Law, Lightforce and Lightforce Affiliates’ liability in respect of any defect in materials or workmanship or in respect of a product which is not otherwise of acceptable quality (within the meaning of the Australian Consumer Law), is limited at the option of Lightforce, to:
- The replacement or repair of the product,
- The payment of the cost of replacing or repairing the product; or
- The payment of the cost of acquiring an equivalent product.
2. Accordingly, to the extent permitted or not prohibited under any law (including the Australian Consumer Law):
- in no case does the total liability of Lightforce, Lightforce Affiliates, or their respective suppliers, resellers or service providers to any person for damages from any cause (including in contract, negligence or other tort, or under any other legal doctrine), in connection with the supply of a product exceed the lesser of the actual direct damages of that person and the amount paid for the product by that person.
- The foregoing limitations do not apply
- to damages for bodily injury (including death), damage to real property or damage to tangible personal property for which Lightforce is liable under any non–excludable law.